What’s our next step?
- Review my services to see what might be right for your project.
- Get in touch. Fill out my contact form or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell me about your project. If you’re ready, email me your file so I can give you an accurate estimate. Please let me know if your file is something other than a Microsoft Word document.* (Not ready to send the file yet? That’s fine, you can send it when you’re ready for the estimate.)
- I’ll send you an estimate for total project cost after looking over the complete file.
- Once we agree on terms and conditions (by email or in a formal contract), I’ll send you an invoice for the deposit. (Read my pricing practices for details.) You’ll send me your deposit payment, along with anything else I may still need (like your in-house style guide, for example).
- You sit back and relax and I’ll get to work. I’ll check in by email periodically and if any big questions come up as I go along.
- I’ll send the final invoice. Once I receive your payment, I’ll send you the documents specified in our agreement.
Sound good? Wonderful. Contact me.
*I work mostly in Word because its Track Changes feature shows all my changes and suggestions and lets you accept or reject each change as you go along. This keeps you in control of your writing. I can work in other formats, programs, and applications, too; I just need to know this up front.